wine crate project

The wine crate project is finished!  I recycled a wine crate into a media bin for newspapers, magazines, or any other storage item.  The crate was sanded, painted, stamped with a Greek design and varnished.  This piece is going to a local charity event and I am very happy to participate and lend my work to help out.

elijah’s painting – update

Here is yesterday and today’s progress updates.

I worked on the collar yesterday.  I think I used quite a bit of glazing medium with the orange paint.  So it seems to have quite a glossy finish.  I will probably tone it down and give it a matte finish.

Today I painted more tones of brown and grey around the face area.

eli painting progress

Hope everyone had a great Valentine’s Day and a happy President’s Day.

“Do not pray for easy lives. Pray to be stronger men.” ~John F. Kennedy

Here is my progress on the painting:

I think it’s coming along nicely.  I added more brown tones and highlights to the face area.  Worked on the neck area and the rest of the body.  I’ll probably work on the base color of the collar tomorrow.

friday’s updated painting

Here is what I worked on today:
(you can see the previous progress here)

I made a little progress today. I added a lot more grey tones, especially in the face area.  I need to bring a bit more brown back into the face/cheek area.  I still have a lot more work to do around the nose.  I’ll keep posting my progress!  Have a great weekend!